Below is an overview of our various ministries opportunities on our campus at All Saints' Chruch in Palo Alto are managed by two extraordinary local non-profit organizations who serve those in need in our area
• Hotel de Zink – Hotel de Zink is a shelter program operated by our ministry partner LifeMoves. The program rotates to 12 churches throughout the year. October is our regularly scheduled month to serve as host. The guests reside in the parish hall and an IVSN staff person is on duty at all times. Our commitment is to provide a warm and friendly environment, including an evening meal. If you are interested in helping this year to help prepare a meal or greet guests please contact one of the Hotel de Zink Committee members listed below. Or drop by our table after both of the services. HDZ Committee: Linda Carpenter, Mahlon Hubenthal, Jake Warde
• Outreach to Diocese of Southeast Mexico – We are in the process of building a relationship with this diocese, one of the largest and poorest in the Episcopal Church. Recently we sent funds to assist in recovery and rebuilding following a series of devastating hurricanes in the region. We are exploring the most effective ways of helping the local church and at the same time strengthening the bonds that unite us. To further both of these objectives we hope to visit the region next year and welcome all who wish to participate in any way. Robin Poppoff has offered to act as contact person for this – email@example.com
• Community Thanksgiving Meal – Hosted in our Parish Hall on Thanksgiving Day and managed by LifeMoves. Volunteers needed to cook turkeys at home, to prepare food at the church on Wednesday, to purchase items from a shopping list, to work in the kitchen, to serve and to clean up. To volunteer you may have to wait until November to email: jellington@LifeMoves.org.
• Food Closet – Housed on our campus, managed by the Downtown Streets Team, the Food Closet provides bags of fresh and canned food to those in need. It is open Monday – Friday. Welcomes volunteers. There is current pressing need for a Friday morning (9-11 am) volunteer to help stock shelves and serve clients as they choose their food items. Contact: Zia – firstname.lastname@example.org
• All Saints’ Friday Breaking Bread Team – This team would welcome and really needs more volunteers! We cook and serve a Friday meal once every 5 weeks in the Parish Hall enjoying getting to know each other and the kitchen camaraderie as much as the rewards of seeing the gratitude of the guests. We choose to prepare the meal (9:30 am – 11:20 am) or to serve and clean up (11:20 am – 1:00 pm). The Breaking Bread Program is managed by IVSN, and serves a hot meal 7 days a week at local churches. Each Thursday and Friday the meal is offered in our Parish Hall, with various faith communities or local businesses serving as cooks and servers. To join the All Saints’ Breaking Bread Team, please contact Jake Warde or Sally Cadigan.
• Episcopal Diocese of El Camino Real Scholarship Fund – 80 students in our Partner Diocese of Western Tanganyika have been able to continue their education this year in Secondary Schools and post-graduate studies, through the gifts we at All Saints’ provided to EDECR's Scholarship Fund. These gifts of education are truly life-changing blessings for these children, their families, and their communities. In addition to financial gifts, volunteer assistance with publicity and mailings would be appreciated.
The Outreach Committee continually looks for better ways to reach out where needed, and welcomes new ideas. If you have thoughts on embracing or developing other outreach initiatives through All Saints’, please join us at our next meeting or contact Co-Chairs Jake Warde (email@example.com) or Gloria van Bree (firstname.lastname@example.org) The Committee meets on the 4th Thursday of the month at 5:30 PM. Please join us.